Islamic Cairo In Depth
Would you like to learn more about the Islamic civilization? Are you interested in Islamic architecture? Would you like to see how only through calligraphy, floral and geometric ornaments the Islamic monuments are simply decorated, yet they are stunning? Have you ever visited a Khanqah before? If you find all this interesting, then this tour is the right one for you!
- The Itinerary
- Trip Includes & Excludes
Arrival at Cairo Airport. Spring Tours representative will meet you at the airport and will escort you during the transfer to your hotel in Cairo for check-in. Rest of day, free for leisure. Overnight at the hotel in Cairo. Meals (-)
Breakfast at the hotel. With Spring Tours guide, you will visit the only surviving wonder of the Ancient World: the Great Pyramids of Giza. Beside the Pyramids, you will have the chance to see the famous Sphinx and visit the Valley Temple in Giza Necropolis. The next stop will be at the Egyptian Museum where you will find -without doubt- the greatest collection of Egyptian antiquities. It has more than 120,000 items on display, with many more hundreds of thousands in its basement storerooms. One of the most famous collections housed by the Egyptian Museum is Tut Ankh Amun Treasures. In the evening, optional Tannoura Show at Kobbet El Ghoury. Overnight at the hotel in Cairo. Meals (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Citadel of Salah El Din with the famous Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali. From the citadel you can enjoy magnificent views over Cairo. If you are lucky with the weather, you can even see the Pyramids! Then you will visit the mosques of Sultan Hassan, Al Refaie and Ibn Toulon, each differs in architecture and style. In the evening, optional Sound & Light Show at the Pyramids. Overnight at the hotel in Cairo. Meals (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, you will visit 2 of most important streets in the history of Islamic Cairo: Al Mouez and El Gammalleyya. On Al Mouez Street you will visit Al Ashraf Bresbay School/Mosque, Qalawun and Barqouq Complexes, then you will visit Beit Al Suheimy (Al Suheimy House) on Al Darb Al Asfar Alley. This house was built in the 17th and the 18th centuries. At the end of Al Darb Al Asfar Alley, you will reach Al Gammalleyya. The First site you will visit there is the Khanqah and Mosque of Beibars Al Jashankeer built in the 14th century. Khanqah means a place specialized for the sufis. The other site you will see on this street is the Mosque of Gamal Al Din Al Estedar, a very beautiful mosque that was built in the 15th century. Your tour will end in Khan El Khalili, which is for many, the most entertaining part of Cairo. Evening free. Overnight at the hotel in Cairo. Meals (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. The first site you will visit today is the one of the oldest Islamic sites in Egypt: the Nilometer in Manial. It was built in the 9th century to measure the level of flooding of the Nile. Within the same district, you will visit Manial Palace, the palace of Prince Mohamed Ali. Each room in this palace is having a unique style and ceiling! The last stop will be in Coptic Cairo. There you will visit the first mosque built in Egypt, Amr Ibn Al A’as Mosque beside of the most famous churches in Cairo (the Hanging Church and St. Sergius) and Beni Ezra Synagogue. Evening free. Overnight at the hotel in Cairo. Meals (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Cairo Airport for international departure escorted by Spring Tours representative. Meals (B)
Meals: B = Breakfast
- Early check-in & late check-out will be subject to availability.
- This is just an offer and subject to availability upon receiving your request to book.
- 5-night hotel accommodation in Cairo on BB basis.
- Full day visit to the Great Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, the Valley Temple and the Egyptian Museum.
- Visit to the Citadel of Salah El Din, the mosques of Sultan Hassan, El Refaie, and Ibn Toulon.
- Full day visit to Al Mouez Street and Gammalleyya including visit to Al Ashraf Bresbay Mosque/School, Qalawun and Barqouq Complexes, Beit Al Suheimy, Khanqah Beibars Al Jashankeer, Gamal Al Din Al Estedar Mosque and Khan El Khalili.
- Full day visit to the Nilometer in Manial, Prince Mohamed Ali in Manial and Coptic Cairo including Amr Ibn Al A'as Mosque, the Hanging Church, St. Sergius Church and Beni Ezra Synagogue.
- Airport transfers as per itinerary.
- Local English speaking guides.
- Present taxes and entrance fees for the included sightseeing. In case raised by the authorities, we reserve the right to charge you the difference.
- Entry visa.
- The international flight tickets.
- Visit to any of Giza Pyramids from inside.
- Visit to the Coptic Museum.
- Any meals or services not mentioned among the inclusions.
- Water/beverages with lunches and dinners.
- Any optional tours.